+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Artists who smoke

Artists who smoke

Someone asked me about a particular artist and if they smoked or not. Which got me wondering, how many country artists do you know that smoke? There are very few that I have everseen smoking. Given how vital their voice is to their livelihood, I think the number would be low.

At any rate, I thought it might be interesting to find out which artists haven't kicked the habit yet.

Smoker's list:

Sammy Kershaw
    Willie Nelson - althogh I don't know if he smokes Marlboro's...

I know Glen Campbell used to, but I think he's now quit.

I always liked the sign on Garth's bus, I'd like one for my office. It said "if you're smoking you'd better be on fire"!!!
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

The Dixie Chicks were SMOKIN' on Saturday Nite Live a few weeks ago...
    Elaine

Tim McGraw smokes.
    Trace Adkins smokes--on stage! Not in the sense that his live show is "Smokin'" in the sense that he literally smokes on stage!

I don't understand how they can do it either. I really like that sign from Garth's bus--that's a good policy!

I've seen Chris Cagle smoke before, and I noticed in Tim's book theres a picture of him with a cigarette. I don't have a problem with smoking, as long as people don't smoke in a restaurant or something...that bothers me.

allison.

Oh that reminded me - Eddie Montgomery smokes onstage too!

J.

Arkansas, home of Presid.....errr never mind :)
    From what I've heard, Tim is an occasional smoker. I don't think Faith allows it at home. I also think Lorrie Morgan is as well. Seems like I remember seeing her in a video with her late husband Keith Whitley on the back of a motorcycle with a pack in her pocket.
    "Boy they must have gone crazy out there...

-Garth Brooks "Night Riders Lament"

George Strait smokes an occasional cigar (yuk).

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Yes Lorrie Morgan smokes. I have seen several photos of her & Sammy with cigarettes in their hands.

Also, Tanya Tucker smokes. I have seen Teddy Gentry from Alabama smoking off to the side of the stage several years ago.

oh I'd completely forgotten about Teddy! I saw Alabama in concert a few years ago (ok... more than a FEW years) and he was puffing away onstage.

By the way, the artist she was asking about has been answered here, so thank you
    J.

Originally posted by Paula
    George Strait smokes an occasional cigar (yuk).

Paula
    Theres nothing wrong with a good cigar every now and then!!!

allison.

Kenny Chesney doesn't smoke, thank goodness.. but his guitarist, Clayton Mitchell smokes..
    "You know a dream's like a river, everchanging as it flows, a dreamer's just a vessel, that must follow where it goes.."

Almost all of the "old timers" that made country music what it is today were smokers. Many of them, like Patsy Cline, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Faron Young, Conway Twitty, Keith Whitley, and more are gone. Willie quit when he discovered the herb. Add to the list George Jones (now quit), Earl Thomas Connely, Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Hank Williams, Jr., Shooter Jennings, Kid Rock, Sheryll Crow, Barbara Mandrell, and those already mentioned.

Tim McGraw smokes.........ewwwwwwwww

Hubby and I went to a club here in town a few weeks ago and despite the no smoking sign on the wall people were smoking. I couldn't wait to get home and take a shower and wash my clothes. Can't stand the smell of cigerette smoke, and I can't even imagine kissing someone that smokes........ DOUBLE EWWWWWWWW !!!!!!

Pam
    Pammy

Watch a flock of birds against the morning sun
    Close your eyes and listen to the river run
    Catch a firefly in your hand or a raindrop on your tongue. That's right ....

There is a God There is a God There is a God
    How much proof do you need?

There Is A God- Trent Willmon

Joni Mitchell... if this isn't limited to country artists, and since Sheryl Crow and some others are mentioned... =\

Bad for your voice (among other things...)

Don't forget Gretchen Wilson!

And she chews too!

Sheryl Crow is country, didn't you hear "Picture" with another big country artist, Kid Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzwuzz
    And she chews too!
    I knew Gretchen chewed....but she smokes too? ROTFLMAO!! She's a true redneck woman.

Sue
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

I thought I read somewhere she smoked cigars on occassion.

+ Reply to Thread