+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terri Clark to pose nude in Playboy?

Arkansas, home of Presid.....errr never mind :)

Terri Clark to pose nude in Playboy?

It's come to this, has it?
    -- Since Terri Clark did so well in it's recent "For Bod & Country" online poll, the folks at Playboy.com have reportedly offered her a nude photo shoot -- and she's rumored to be seriously considering it.

Do I care? No. In fact, I think the next CMA Awards should be nude. Well, not completely. The artists should at least have Bud Lite logos tattooed on their butts.

By the way, Shania Twain placed first in the poll, which asked Playboy readers which country artist they would most like to see pose nude for the magazine. Terri came in second. Here's a fun game. Try holding your breath until you see a nude Shania in Playboy.

countrynation.com
    "Boy they must have gone crazy out there...

-Garth Brooks "Night Riders Lament"

dont know how long Brad archives this so I'll post it too

http://tennessean.com/celebrities/ar...42158851.shtml

Naked truth: Split vote on 'Playboy' Terri

Fourteen country music stars split over whether Terri Clark should accept Playboy's offer to pose nude.

My ultra-scientific poll (''Duh, wanna see Terri Clark nekkid?!?) was conducted on the red carpet for the CMA Awards on Wednesday night. The funniest part was seeing the artists take a second to visualize the concept. Lonestar lead singer Richie McDonald said, ''She should do it with just a cowboy hat.'' Guitarist Michael Britt added: ''Well, maybe three or four.''

Most of the guys said no. The naysayers: Tracy Byrd, Chris Cagle, Tracy Lawrence, Diamond Rio lead singer Marty Roe, Mark Wills, Blake Shelton and Buddy Jewell.

Said Cagle: ''I don't think anybody in country music should be naked in public.''

Uh, huh. Don't even make me go back through old police reports, Chris!

Kellie Coffey, Martina McBride and LeAnn Rimes said Terri should do it if she wants, but Rebecca Lynn Howard cast a dissenting vote.

The best perspective came from Brad Paisley:

''Yeah! They'd be debating it for years. And we need something to debate besides the Dixie Chicks

Terri Clark in Playboy? That seems odd....does she even like guys?

Last I heard she was married.. did that change? LOL

She's been divorced for years.
    Here's a quote from Playboy.com from Terri.

"To be Shania's runner up says alot about people looking at inner strength and inner beauty--and for every woman out there, it means that what you bring in terms of attitude and attacking life does translate," Clark enthused. "How cool is this?"

Asked whether she'd consider posing nude, she told Playboy.com, "Under the right circumstances, sure, because there are a hundred ways to pose for Playboy. If I were going to do it, I'd want it to be a reflection of who I am as a woman: my attitude, my spirit, my music."
    I know I'm supposed to put a link to the article but I'd rather not for obvious reasons
    -Susan-

Last I heard she was divorced. Don't think she should do this though. Not unless we all do it with her!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell Miller
    Ahaha not to shure on that one, though it would be a curious george gesture to my eyes, I would indeed get that issue.

personally, I'd rather see keith urban in playgirl again

and no his sex appeal isnt what I ONLY like about him LOL

god and peace,
    Vanessa

LOL - Bad Lowell!

J.

Yikes!! It looks like it may actually happen!

from countrynation.com:

Terri Clark has a firm offer to appear on the cover of Playboy, and has meetings today to discuss the matter, according to her publicist.
    Holly Gleason, tells the Nashville Tennessean that Clark is "impossibly flattered" at the offer, and also pretty fearless, and has never been afraid of her sexuality. But no one is predicting a yes or no at this point.

yikes?

It's nto like she gonna "bare all" .. they will take the pics from angles so you think you see things but really you don't. No 'yikes' there.. more like 'boring'. LMAO

j/k

You don't think she'll bare the top, at least? Maybe not, I don't know. I'm just surprised that she's actually this serious about it! It's not something that I would have expected her to do, maybe Britney but not Terri Clark. However, good for her!! I think it's awesome that she feels that way about herself.

Sandi

What is Playboy?

--spud--

I resent your comment Lowell! But now you've got me wondering. I know she is divorced, and she dated Troy Aikman, but I hope she's just looking for the right guy, which is hard to find these days.

I love Terri, she's my fav behind Trisha, but if she were to pose nude in playboy, I think I'd be done with her.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell Miller
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

Terri and Troy Aikman? I didn't know that! What was she doing with my man????

J. <--- has a thing for "Troy"'s

well if she poses.. it will be nude.. you just wont SEE anything.
    A guitar covering places... etc etc... blah

I heard Jimmy Carter talking about this yesterday. He also mentioned that Dolly Parton had once done the same thing.

I still think it's a bad idea. Frankly, I'm sick of all these country artists trying to sex up their image by taking off their clothes. It's something you'd expect from other genres, but not country.

LOL Joyce! Actually, when she was with Troy, I was thinking the same thing! What's she doing with my man? I think she dated him back in 98 or there abouts. I know it was a few years ago anyhow. I hoped she would've married him, but oh well....

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerJ
    Terri and Troy Aikman? I didn't know that! What was she doing with my man????

J. <--- has a thing for "Troy"'s
    Don't you know, Nobody drinks alone, Every demon, every ghost from your past and, every memory you've held back follows you home, Nobody drinks alone.

She dated Troy Aikman?! I had no idea either!! Maybe he's the one that has a thing for country singers! I had NO idea that Dolly also posed. Wow.

Terri posing with a guitar...you just know that'll be compared with Keith Urban!!

From CountryNation.com:

Terri's Playboy decision-- Yes, Terri Clark wants to do it all.... well, almost all. She has drawn the line at taking it off for Playboy. Not only did the magazine ask, they offered her the cover of their May Music issue.

"On one hand, that felt terribly empowering for me as a woman, as a symbol of every Woman who's not a size 2 or 4, who doesn't want to live at the gym or never eat another slice of cake or cheeseburger," Terri explains.

"But for me, even as ful-tilt as I am, there are just some things I can't quite get comfortable with.

In the end, I think of all the young girls who come to my shows. I think of those faces. I think of my mother -- and I worry about the signal it sends to them at a time when it seems like sex is a fast-track to media attention."

Terri adds; "As Playboys go, I've always been more partial to Bob Wills' band."

"I resent your comment Lowell!"

I resent you resenting my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerJ
    In the end, I think of all the young girls who come to my shows. I think of those faces. I think of my mother -- and I worry about the signal it sends to them at a time when it seems like sex is a fast-track to media attention."
    I'm glad she came to this conclusion.....it must have been hard for her to pass this up, given the exposure(no pun intended) it would have given her. As a fan I think she made the right decision and a very level-headed one at that!!
    -Susan-

Good decision Terri Another article from Netscape.com "What's New" section-->

Guess Who Said No Way to Playboy?

Country music star Terri Clark is turning heads--because of what she said. Unlike other music stars who may try to make a name for themselves the quick and cheap way by taking off their clothes, Clark has turned down a potentially lucrative offer from Playboy magazine to appear on the cover of its May music issue. As The Associated Press says, Clark is keeping her cowboy hat on--along with the rest of her clothes.

"I'm mostly just a regular ol' girl who likes to have fun, play her guitar, drink some tequila, hang out with my friends," she explained in a statement to the media. "Exotic beauties and total sexpots get asked to do the cover of Playboy, not girls like me." She did admit she was pleased that Playboy realized that a "normal-sized woman can be sexy."

But the 35-year-old Canadian-born Clark decided that in the big picture, taking it all off for Playboy was not right for her image. "But for me, even as full-tilt as I am, there are just some things I can't quite get comfortable with."

Good for Terri. It's nice to see she's got her head screwed on straight.

She's a "Real Live Woman" in my book.

Sue

Mine too.

+ Reply to Thread